These educational activities and resources can be downloaded and used in your home, school or community. Share them with your friends and family and help raise awareness of the value of our water in B.C. New activities for 2013 will be added regularly!
Community organizers - find resources for your events here.
'The People Behind the Water' Video
Learn about the fascinating journey that water takes from the source, to our taps, and back to the source. This story is told through the eyes of BC Water & Waste Association members - the people who work to bring us clean, safe drinking water and protect the environment.
Please share this video with others in your workplace, classroom or home, or even display it at a Drinking Water Week event!
Download and print these children's activities to use in the classroom or at home, or distribute them at a community event. These materials can also be customized with your local logo (space provided in the bottom right hand corner).
Crossword Puzzle (PDF)
True/False Activity (PDF)
Word Search (PDF)
'Safe Water is Life' Video
This video illustrates the day-to-day reality of a small water system operator. The video, created by Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada, features Jon Widney: Water System operator / Takhini River Subdivision, Champagne and Aishihik First Nations. For more information, please visit the AANDC website.
- Metro Vancouver Watershed Tours
- Go Blue One Minute Water Calculator
- National Geographic: The Hidden Water We Use
- WaterSense Program (Canada)
- Canadian Geographic Interactive Watershed Map
- The Canadian Atlas Online: Watersheds
- Liquid Assets: The Story of Our Water Infrastructure
- AWWA: How Water Works Illustrations
- Recycling Council of British Columbia
- PCPSA: Medications Return Program
- Water Softener Facts